Speakers of the International Congress
Overview of confirmed speakers
NOW GmbH National Organisation Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technology
Elena Hof has been working at NOW GmbH in Berlin since 2017 and has been program and team leader for the National Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technology Innovation Program (NIP) since September 2020. As part of her leadership of the DIN working committee "Hydrogen Technologies", she is also involved in the international standardization of hydrogen and fuel cell applications. Hof studied civil engineering and applied geosciences and holds a Master of Science in raw materials management. Her master's thesis is titled "Power-to-Gas for Rail Transport: Economic Evaluation and Concept for Cost-optimal Hydrogen Supply." Before joining NOW GmbH, she worked for the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) in Cameroon, among others.
State Institute of Agricultural Engineering and Bioenergy, University Hohenheim
- 2011-2015: B.Sc. Process Engineering at University of Stuttgart
- 2015-2018: M.Sc. Process Engineering at University of Stuttgart specializing in chemical engineering as well as process technology and systems engineering
- Since 04/2020: Doctoral student at State Institute of Agricultural Engineering and Bioenergy, University of Hohenheim. Managing project ProBioLNG by planning a pilot plant for the production of Bio-LNG with a novel process chain.
Coburg University of Applied Sciences
- 05/2019 - today: Coburg University of Applied Sciences, Research Professor for Motor Fuels and Combustion Processes
- 06/2017 - 03/2019: FEV Europe GmbH, Aachen, project manager for large-scale gasoline engine projects
- 09/2013 - 05/2017: FEV GmbH, Aachen, project manager for gasoline engine thermodynamics
- 11/2008 - 09/2013: Chair of Internal Combustion Engines, RWTH Aachen University, Research Assistant
WIP Renewable Energies
Dr. Rainer Janssen is Managing Director Projects at WIP Renewable Energies and Senior Expert in renewable energies, sustainable energy systems and innovative bioeconomy solutions.
He engages in the development of innovative solutions for the transition to a sustainable energy system for the electricity, heating and cooling and transport sectors with special emphasis on technologies, research and innovation policies, market research, social impacts and public awareness as well as the development of supportive framework conditions and policy regulations in the EU and emerging and developing economies.
Dr. Janssen coordinated a variety of international and European energy projects (FP5, FP6, FP7, Horizon 2020) and acted as invited expert for the European Commission (DG R&I, DG ENER, DG AGRI), IEA (International Energy Agency) Bioenergy, and GIZ (German Development Cooperation).
Since 2009, he is member of the Steering Committee of the RHC ETIP (European Technology & Innovation Platform on Renewable Heating and Cooling) and served as Vice-President and Chair of the Biomass Technology Panel from 2013 until 2018. Finally, since 2018 Dr. Janssen is President of EUREC, the Association of European Renewable Energy Research Centres aiming to support the development of innovative technologies and human resources to enable a prompt transition to a sustainable energy system.